HOW TO DONATE
International Institute for Sport
and Olympic History
Library and Museum
The IISOH is seeking $1 million (one million Dollars) from a benefactor in order to establish an endowment for the sport of SOCCER. This is a naming opportunity for the benefactor to have a perpetual identification with the sport of SOCCER. The endowment would be named by the benefactor with the approval of the IISOH Board of Directors. The endowment becomes a permanent trust fund invested by the Institute with only the quarterly earned interest being used for development of the SOCCER collections in both the Library and Museum.
Cash donations IN ANY AMOUNT are always welcome, too.
For more details about the endowment program, please click hereEndowment Program.
The Library and Museum eagerly accept donations of material that are within the scope of its collections. Collectors are encouraged to send us books, monographs, theses & dissertations, magazine and subscription collections for the library, as well as medals, pins, torches, posters, artwork and collectables for the Museum.
- Material in ANY language, including but not limited to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Flemish, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Latin, Greek, Russian, Ukrainian, Serbo-Croatian, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Farsi, Sanskrit and dozens of others.
The scope of the collection is international and comprehensive.
- Theses & Dissertations
- Bound and unbound serials (magazines, journals, etc)
- Newspapers (hard copies or microfilm)
- Juvenile literature
- Reference books
- Archives of organizations
- Original letters of correspondance
- Ephemera (pamphlets, booklets, folders, flyers, tickets, etc).
- Miscellaneous items that do not fit into the above categories
- Soccer Posters
- Antique Soccer equipment
- Statuary in bronze, resin, plaster, terracotta, etc.
- Paintings, Serigraphs, Drawings, etc.
- Photographs, prints, negatives, glass plates, etc.
- Films, movies, videos, dvd's, especially older films in need of archival preservation
- Music, records, tapes, sheet music
- Graphics, 16th - 19th century lithographs & prints
- Soccer-related medals, awards, trophies
- Soccer commemorative medals, participation medals, badges, etc.
- Soccer pins
- Soccer flags, banners, advertising
- Soccer-related memorabilia
- Philatelic items, stamp collections, illustrated postcards on Soccer
- Numismatic items, coins, exonumia with Soccer themes
- Uniforms, clothing, textiles, fashions
- Physical education, recreation and play equipment related to Soccer
- Games, especially antique items
These lists are not comprehensive and are limited only by your imagination! Keep in mind that Soccer is an international sport and that we seek everything, in every language, in order to develop the most comprehensive collection in the world. Actually, SOCCER is only known by this name in the United States because the rest of the world calls this sport FOOTBALL. Americans sometimes refer to this sport as European Football.
The Institute's long-term goal is to become the most comprehensive collection in the world, so visit us often over the next ten decades.
For additional subject areas that we seek, see the list in the SUBJECTS area for endowments.
Go here to see the Subject List.
The IISOH is a non-profit, educational, literary and research organization
incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to operate a library and museum.
The IISOH is seeking the status of a charitable organization under 501(c)3 of the
Internal Revenue Code (ie: A public charity rather than as a private foundation).
Other links to pages about the International Institute for Sport and Olympic History
Read the Articles of Incorporation here
Read the BYLAWS here
Meet the Board of Directors here
Become a CHARTER MEMBER or send a donation now
Mr. Harvey Abrams, President
International Institute for Sport and Olympic History
PO Box 175
State College, PA, USA 16804
email to: Olympicbks@aol.com
This page was created February 24, 2002
This page was updated December 11, 2009
The IISOH website is temporarily hosted by